ORIGIN OF THE FESTIVAL There are few accounts of how the festival started. However, the differences inthese accounts are not fundamental. Generally, Ireba Eku (masquerade cult) wasbelieved to have been formed under the divine instruction of God to check the excesses of women, apart from serving as ancestor worship. Myth has it that aftercreating man and woman as husband and wife, one day God sent for the man but hewas too busy to honour the call. Instead, he requested his wife to heed God’s call onhis behalf. God gave her Irakwo (an egg-like object that contains the secrets of lifeand has the capacity to manifest supernatural powers) for her husband. Having dis-coveredits contents and being fascinated by them, she hid it in her uterus and laterswallowed it without giving it to her husband. She thereafter became quite powerful,performing supernatural feats as turning into any animal and changing back to ahuman being. She could instantly grow wings to fly around in astral travels. She al...
EbiraView Media Publication News, People, Politics, Lifestyle, Events and more.

I must be missing something about XOXO
ReplyDeleteAs I mentioned I started working with XBEL as a way to manage my Web feeds. It occurred to me that I should consider XOXO for this purpose, since it hsa more traditionally been put up in opposition to OPML.
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to georgia highway construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like georgia highway construction!