Skip to main content

Hon Ahmed-Tijani Damisa Achievements

"I want to start by glorifying Almighty God for making my one-week Constituency Outreach, which was a continuation of the practical expression of my covenant with my constituents, the very good people of Okene-Ogori/Magongo federal constituency of Kogi State, a success.

My beloved friends, I wish to highlight some of my previous achievements in my sojourn in the Federal House of Representatives before I update you on the weeklong activities.

Upon the commencement of my
legislative term in May, 2011 I set in a mechanism to collate and sift our people’s most pressing needs with a view to generating a scale of preference that would inform our constituency intervention activities. It was this all inclusive process that led to the conduct of the first ever political town hall meeting in Ebiraland in November 2011 where I jointly deliberated and agreed on the best way to represent the people.

In the 2012 legislative year, I constructed over thirty boreholes across the wards so as to alleviate the problem of water scarcity while in 2013, I commissioned two studies on finding permanent answers to the water supply problem facing our people. The first I did was through the lower Niger River Basin while the second was domiciled at the National Steel Raw Material Exploration Agency, Kaduna.

I upgraded the structures at the Queen of Apostle College by facilitating the building of two blocks of fully furnished classroom in 2012 and in 2013, I extended a similar gesture to Local Government Secondary School Ohiana even though the project is just approaching completion as at today. The Standard Primary School in Onyukoko is also witnessing some structural upgrade courtesy of my interventions just as I facilitated the supply of 110 laptop computers to Abdulazeez Atta Memorial College Okene to be shared with other neighbouring schools. I have similarly provided 30 desktop computers for students’ practical in AMCO in addition to training over a thousand private beneficiaries in computer appreciation at diploma level through a local computer institution the SS Computer School in Adavi LGA.

On the issue of women and youth empowerment, I have successfully engaged over 500 women and youth from Okene and Abuga/Ozuga in entrepreneurship and skills acquisition training in tailoring, tilling, battery charging, driving etc in 2013 alone with follow up funding for the establishment of a cooperative society
scheme.

To enable our youths take advantage of our rich solid mineral potentials, I have also trained people in small scale mining and supported them with toolkits to enable them take off effectively, while a market women fund support scheme had about 1000 beneficiaries.

********
On my Constituency Outreach, I rendered material assistance to various categories of individuals and groups. As part of my health intervention programmes, I invited a team of surgical experts from far and near to perform free surgeries for different disease conditions and also to conduct free medical check-up and treatment for high blood pressure and diabetes.

In the course of this, over 120 cataracts blind persons’ sights were restored.
I engaged the youths in various social and educational activities including inter-club football competition and inter school quiz contests as a means of fostering peace and unity in the community. I hosted an interactive session with disable people to give them a sense of belonging. After the session, each of them was given cash gift.
I undertook a tour of the farm centre where I supported the farmers with cassava grating machines and other farming inputs.

On the grand finale of the entire event, I showered items for apprenticeship schemes, scholarships, and cash gifts to women and widows to start up or sustain their businesses. I donated two cars to National Association of Ebira Students (NAES) and Ebira Youth Congress (EYC), respectively.

I donated 150 motorcycles to various categories of people duly selected from the various Wards that make up Okene/Ogori-Magongo federal constituency. 160 laptop computers were equally shared to a number of students. Other items shared are grinding machines, deep frizers, hair-driers, video cameras etc.

This initiative is in fulfillment of my electoral promises to personally contribute to the overall welfare and development of the people that I represent. By the special grace of God, I am going to do more before my tenure elapse.

My esteemed constituents, the task to redress our constituency is a collective task. I shall keep counting on your advice, suggestion and goodwill".
God bless! Hon AT Damisa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ebira Names and their meaning, Names, Meanings, Sex

Asimi: If mankind will allow me the survival of this child. F Ajimituhuo: Spare me today till tomorrow, which day metaphorically continues till eternity (since tomorrow has no end). M Avidime: The initiator who work is subsequently perfected by those following him in life. M Asipita: A child of History. M Amewuru: The harbinger of confusion, or the man who causes chaos. M Adeku: Father of masquerade. M Adabara: Father of the  compound. M Adajinege: The tallest of them. M Adavize: Father is wealth. M Adeiza: Father of fortune/gift/kindness. M Adomuha: Father of able body man. M Adooro: The one that is a stumbling block Ahovi: A chief custodian of the traditional Oracle. M Aduvo: Father of hand. M Ajooze: The one standing on the way. M Adinoyi: The father of the multitude who serves as a protective umbrella shielding others in need of such protection. M Adaviruku: Name usually given to the heir of the family. M Ajinomo: In memory of Ebira war with the Fukanis where Ebi

The case of Ahmed Awela, Murtala (Eti Bobo) among other Ebira youths

Ismail M. Kabir, Lagos. Between controversial existence and a contentious exit. There are various sides to a story. For an event that happens with few or no significant eye witness, the news come in different versions; some partially correct, others completely cooked up. In some cases, such non-witnessed event pass round as rumour until eventually confirmed. Rumour it was, when a phone call from Okene announced the death of two famous Ebira youths! They were killed by the Police, reported the news. Being on a Sunday when nothing too special should ensue save for the usual church services and social functions, the news sounded as the most unexpected, as a matter of fact, incredible! The thought of losing such youths on an ordinary day like Sunday undoubtedly was the reason for the astonishment. Not a single person of Ebira origin, within or outside the soil would believe such shocker upon first hearing. Text messages, phone calls and of course physical enquiries lingered, all in an atte

The Obege legend

In the earliest generations when the art of magic was yet a myth to the people, there was born a boy into a family of hunters in the village of Eika - one of the six communities that comprised the ancestral groups. He was believed to have been born with a leaf in his hand and to the elders of then, that was prognostic of what he would be - a native healer. And had grown up performing wonders. His kinsmen were all hunters, they would deny the boy the opportunity to follow them hunting, purely on age ground - and he was really too young to go hunting in the forest. They would leave him in the house with the women as they set out on their hunting expedition. But they had meet the young Obege in the forest roasting a fair member of the forest’s game, all alone - and unarmed! The elders had to defer to this wonderful boy. Obege as an adult was more than human. His fame had spread all over the land: he was a healer of most seemingly incurable diseases, he was a rain maker, assumed more divin